upgrading from com before 1.70

Ask questions about the GEM here.
ben
Site Admin

Re: upgrading from com before 1.70

Post by ben » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:42 am

topherhansen wrote:OK, I got it. On the Firmware tab I clicked the 19200 baud and then switched to ethernet and switched it to match.
Looking good so far, remember to remove the battery from the unit to do a full power down.

Your settings are likely all out of whack now (as you can see from your PT settings), I suggest doing a Factory Defaults under the F/W tab.

Set the baud rates back to 115200 now to make the Setup Webpage run at full speed.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
topherhansen

Post by topherhansen » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:05 pm

Yeah, all good here. I didn't end up needing to pull the battery. Did a factory settings revert and then was able to use the GEM website to finish the rest of the resetting of CT's and SEG setup.

Thanks for helping me figure out the Ethernet issue.
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:29 am

topherhansen wrote:Yeah, all good here. I didn't end up needing to pull the battery. Did a factory settings revert and then was able to use the GEM website to finish the rest of the resetting of CT's and SEG setup.

Thanks for helping me figure out the Ethernet issue.
You still need to pull the battery unfortunately, there's a flag in memory that can't be reset unless power is completely removed from the GEM. That flag was changed around COM 2.40.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com