GEM/Dashbox not talking

Ask questions about the GEM here.
piperpilot

GEM/Dashbox not talking

Post by piperpilot » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:40 am

Well all has been good until yesterday. I needed to reconfigure my network changing how things were setup. I went into the dashbox and made the changes, in the process had to reboot/power off my dashbox due to some issues I encountered. At the same time, I made sure to update my firmware to 4.2.3c9l1 to ensure I had the lastest.

Now my GEM and Dashbox won't talk. When I go into the energy monitors tab and look, it sees my dashbox, but its not "active". I have checked the baud rate and when changing it to 9600 confirmed that communication is lost...change it back to 115200 and it sees it again, but there doesn't seem to be any data.

I have powered everything completely off and back on. My GEM is connected via the STS cable and I didn't change anything aside from rebooting everything to change network information.

I saw another thread on the same topic and Teken recommended the following:

Settings -> System -> Admin Settings -> Data Logging = Enabled

When I try to enable, it automatically goes back to disabled

- Settings -> System -> Raw Log = Is there data streaming in?

I have no data, but see the following:

Data logging is disabled.
Can't resolve time-server.
Syncing with RTC

Can't log data, incorrect date. Trying to sync time. If problem persists, please check to make sure you have an internet connection and reboot your DashBox.

- Settings -> System -> Baud Rate = Ensure the baud rate matches between the two COM for both GEM & DB..

As mentioned above, baud rate is correct.

- Settings -> Energy Monitors = Does the DB show up and does it show (green check mark) active?

Its not green

I'm positive that the dashbox has internet access, not sure why it can't NTP time sync.

Can someone help?

Thanks,
Curtis
ben
Site Admin

Re: GEM/Dashbox not talking

Post by ben » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:34 am

Curtis,

Try the following:

Under Settings->System->Admin Settings

- Set Internet Access to Offline.
- Set Data Logging to Enabled.

That should get you up and going.

I need to look into the date sync issue that's disabling internet access.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
piperpilot

Post by piperpilot » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:53 am

I had already tried that, even with internet access disabled, it keeps disabling data logging. Should I roll back to a previous firmware? Would like to restore logging.

HELP!

Internet access disabled.
Can't log data, incorrect date. Trying to sync time. If problem persists, please check to make sure you have an internet connection and reboot your DashBox.

Can't resolve time-server.
Syncing with RTC

Internet access disabled.
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:43 pm

Is this a grey DashBox or a black DashBox?

That error message you're getting only appears when the year on the DashBox is reading less than 2013 or greater than 2100.

It looks like for your clock for some reason isn't set. Under Settings->System->Adjust Time you can manually set the clock.

Once set, enable data logging again and it should come back online.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
piperpilot

Post by piperpilot » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:00 pm

Black dashbox purchased last summer.

I had already tried that. I also confirmed when I click the "set Time" button, it comes back with a 200 from the dashbox, so it is getting processed. The date is being sat per the picture.

Still getting the incorrect date warning.

Perhaps you want to contact me offline and SSH into the box and see whats going on? I can set up remote access if needed. Something definitely strange happened with the firmware update.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 12.56.35 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 12.56.35 PM.png (22.76 KiB) Viewed 6300 times
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:10 pm

Email sent, I'll take a look.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
owain852

Post by owain852 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:57 pm

Hi im having a similar issue to this did you manage to figure it out. I can access GEM via port :8001 But dashbox cant find GEM, also having issue with time and log file.
Thanks
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:25 am

owain852 wrote:Hi im having a similar issue to this did you manage to figure it out. I can access GEM via port :8001 But dashbox cant find GEM, also having issue with time and log file.
Thanks
Are you running the latest firmware available at http://www.brultech.com/software under the DashBox section?

Given the DashBox can talk to the GEM via 8001, the baud rate is fine.

Check for the following issues:
- GEM is set to Packet Format - Bin-48-NET-Time
- Data Logging is set to Enabled under Settings->System->Admin Settings on the DashBox.
- GEM is listed under Energy Monitors and is added.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
owain852

Post by owain852 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:21 pm

Thanks for your support, i've been trying to figure it out for months. It was the packet format issue, feel a bit silly now, im sure thats what ive been using. Anyway thanks again.