More than 32 channels?

Ask questions about the GEM here.
scyto

More than 32 channels?

Post by scyto » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:21 pm

Hi (esp to Ben and Teken) i haven't been around for a while. Good news my GEM and DB have been running solidly.

I note on the store page there is now kits with 2 GEMs - does this mean there is now a nifty way to aggregate multiple channels spread over 2 GEMs but have it appear like one monitor to things like nodelink server etc?

Also i was looking at data in my DB and it was slowwwww looking at weekl historica voltage for example - anyway to speed it up? (i am updating from 4.3.c5 to 4.3.c9 as we speak - interestingly update doesn't work when i use the DB reverse proxied through my nginx box... works fine with direct IP)

alex
Teken

Re: More than 32 channels?

Post by Teken » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:37 pm

scyto wrote:Hi (esp to Ben and Teken) i haven't been around for a while. Good news my GEM and DB have been running solidly.

I note on the store page there is now kits with 2 GEMs - does this mean there is now a nifty way to aggregate multiple channels spread over 2 GEMs but have it appear like one monitor to things like nodelink server etc?

Also i was looking at data in my DB and it was slowwwww looking at weekl historica voltage for example - anyway to speed it up?

alex
Hello Alex,

The GEM's will appear in the Dash Box as separate pieces of hardware on the main page. I would also expect Nodelink to offer the same view unless the author has considered multi-plexing more than one GEM to show up as 64 nodes in the device tree in the ISY Series Controller.

It should be noted despite what random literature / information has been floating around the Internet. The ISY Series Controller has never been fully tested with the Brultech products in the 994 controller. More specifically the ISY Series Controller can only support (1) ZigBee enabled GEM.

Anyone who has extensive Network Resources (NR's) and State Variables should be prepared to trouble shoot and expect reliability issues with the ISY Series Controller when more than one GEM is connected.

It doesn't matter if its via Nodelink because the bottle neck is the extremely low processing power of the ISY Series Controller.

RE: Slow Dash Box, I would encourage you to update the system to the latest firmware as it has no less than fifty internal updates and bug fix's.
Teken . . .

My ongoing projects thread: http://www.brultech.com/community/viewt ... ?f=2&t=929
Buy me a cup of coffee: https://www.paypal.me/Teken https://gfinotify.com/ Discount Code: PC10
scyto

Post by scyto » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:45 pm

Teken wrote:
Hello Alex,

The GEM's will appear in the Dash Box as separate pieces of hardware on the main page. I would also expect Nodelink to offer the same view unless the author has considered multi-plexing more than one GEM to show up as 64 nodes in the device tree in the ISY Series Controller.

It should be noted despite what random literature / information has been floating around the Internet. The ISY Series Controller has never been fully tested with the Brultech products in the 994 controller. More specifically the ISY Series Controller can only support (1) ZigBee enabled GEM.

Anyone who has extensive Network Resources (NR's) and State Variables should be prepared to trouble shoot and expect reliability issues with the ISY Series Controller when more than one GEM is connected.

It doesn't matter if its via Nodelink because the bottle neck is the extremely low processing power of the ISY Series Controller.

RE: Slow Dash Box, I would encourage you to update the system to the latest firmware as it has no less than fifty internal updates and bug fix's.
Thanks for the update.
Not using ISY plugin for brultech. Only nodelink, i can ask on the automation shack. Does the DB show one aggregate set of channels or does it treat it as two sites?

Yup update on DB done, i will see what that does.

Update on GEM, epic fail, will start new thread.
Teken

Post by Teken » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:49 pm

scyto wrote:
Teken wrote:
Hello Alex,

Thanks for the update.
Not using ISY plugin for brultech. Only nodelink, i can ask on the automation shack. Does the DB show one aggregate set of channels or does it treat it as two sites?

Yup update on DB done, i will see what that does.

Update on GEM, epic fail, will start new thread.
The Dash Box lists the two gems as two separate devices / sites. Envision what you have now as seen in the main page. Now below the weather channel would be the second GEM listing out all the other channels.
Teken . . .

My ongoing projects thread: http://www.brultech.com/community/viewt ... ?f=2&t=929
Buy me a cup of coffee: https://www.paypal.me/Teken https://gfinotify.com/ Discount Code: PC10
scyto

Post by scyto » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:20 pm

Got it, shame Ben and co. never figured out how to make the 16 channel expansion board to use those unused channels in the Bin48 format ;-)
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:39 pm

scyto wrote:Got it, shame Ben and co. never figured out how to make the 16 channel expansion board to use those unused channels in the Bin48 format ;-)
Yeah, we unfortunately never got around to it. At this point we're more likely to make a new, smaller GEM to replace the ECM-1240.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com