Communication Issue

Ask questions about the GEM here.
amacneill23

Communication Issue

Post by amacneill23 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:50 pm

I have an issue with the communications. I have a GEM with wifi/ethernet, I have it connected to my home router. I am able to connect to it and read data in the GEM Network Utility but not in the GEM_Data_Display application. The GEM_Data_Display application says its connected to the device, but receives no packets, however, when I press the 'reset counters' button, the counters do reset (verified by observing the real time data displayed in my browser). The GEM device itself shows that it is sending packets (the power led flickers red every time a packet it sent). The communications LED is a constant amber color. I know that this implies a communications issue, but it would seem as though it is communicating although not with the one application.

Any thoughts on what could be wrong?

Aaron
ben
Site Admin

Re: Communication Issue

Post by ben » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:39 pm

amacneill23 wrote:I have an issue with the communications. I have a GEM with wifi/ethernet, I have it connected to my home router. I am able to connect to it and read data in the GEM Network Utility but not in the GEM_Data_Display application. The GEM_Data_Display application says its connected to the device, but receives no packets, however, when I press the 'reset counters' button, the counters do reset (verified by observing the real time data displayed in my browser). The GEM device itself shows that it is sending packets (the power led flickers red every time a packet it sent). The communications LED is a constant amber color. I know that this implies a communications issue, but it would seem as though it is communicating although not with the one application.

Any thoughts on what could be wrong?

Aaron
We're going back and forth through support emails, I'll add some information here for those with similar issues.

The WiFi/Ethernet modules Ethernet section has no control over the COM LED unfortunately, the COM LED is strictly controlled by the WiFi section. So the LED will unfortunately remain amber when the Ethernet cable is plugged in and functional.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com