Set up for CQC

Ask questions about the GEM here.
paetzold

Set up for CQC

Post by paetzold » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:35 am

Has anyone successfully configured the GEM to work with CQC AND have it send data to the DB? In the Charmed Quark forum it sounds like one or two have completed this successfully but did not spell out the as left configuration.

I am communicating from the GEM to the DB via serial connection. I was hoping to use the IP driver for CQC to which I also have a IP connection to the GEM. If needed I could use the COM2 port but it does not have any cabling to it from my CQC server.

I can get it to work for a while (15 minutes?) but the CQC driver instructs the GEM to turn off the Real Time Status and disables the Keep-Alive Pulse. I am on v4.33.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
ben
Site Admin

Re: Set up for CQC

Post by ben » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:22 am

What packet format does CQC take? If it takes binary, you can set up the DashBox to forward packets to another IP address via the Add-ons section.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
paetzold

Post by paetzold » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:15 am

Yes...it uses the same as the DB. I was hoping for a little easier resolution. I am a bit short of available time so I will have to put this on my list to do. Thanks Ben.
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:17 am

paetzold wrote:Yes...it uses the same as the DB. I was hoping for a little easier resolution. I am a bit short of available time so I will have to put this on my list to do. Thanks Ben.
It should be pretty easy to try out, under Add-ons on the DashBox there's a section called "Packet Forwarding", all you do is enter the IP, Port, and checkmark "Persistent"

It will start forwarding packets from that point.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com