Issue receiving data on Standalone Dashboard

Ask questions about the GEM here.
rgstech

Re: Issue receiving data on Standalone Dashboard

Post by rgstech » Thu May 25, 2017 6:49 pm

Verified the Micro-CTs are all connected to ports 2,3. The only connection I have to 1,2 or 3,4 is the Split-200 on the main.

ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Fri May 26, 2017 9:58 am

rgstech wrote:Verified the Micro-CTs are all connected to ports 2,3. The only connection I have to 1,2 or 3,4 is the Split-200 on the main.
Was it working fine before the firmware upgrade to 4.33?

Did you try to update the ENG firmware at all?

EDIT: Are you able to port forward at all? If you can forward a port to the standalone computer port 80, we can take a look.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
rgstech

Post by rgstech » Fri May 26, 2017 10:14 am

I was working much better before the firmware upgrade. I went back and looked at some of the history on the channels, and I would only have 1 or 2 drops per day.

I did upgrade the ENG from 1.41 to 1.49 at the same time.

Do you think it's channel specific? Is there a way to disable channels through the GEM console?

I just logged onto the GEM and I have this error now:

Sys Flags: 00110000 Err1 = Super cap low charge. Cycle power to clear.
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Fri May 26, 2017 10:28 am

rgstech wrote:I was working much better before the firmware upgrade. I went back and looked at some of the history on the channels, and I would only have 1 or 2 drops per day.

I did upgrade the ENG from 1.41 to 1.49 at the same time.

Do you think it's channel specific? Is there a way to disable channels through the GEM console?

I just logged onto the GEM and I have this error now:

Sys Flags: 00110000 Err1 = Super cap low charge. Cycle power to clear.
That flag will go away when you cycle power, we can only test the super cap voltage on boot-up. So when you booted with the header removed, it was disengaged.

Can you try reloading the ENG? It sounds like there might've been issues from the start if it said you had ENG 1.41.

You'll need to drop the baud rate to 19200 before loading the ENG firmware. This can be done in the GEM Network Utility via the 19200 button under Firmware.

Once the baud is dropped and indicates 19200 when you click the "Get GEM Info" button, you're OK to load it.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
rgstech

Post by rgstech » Fri May 26, 2017 10:34 am

Will do over the weekend and let you know how things go.
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Fri May 26, 2017 10:46 am

rgstech wrote:Will do over the weekend and let you know how things go.
Alright, feel free to email me directly also, ben(at)brultech.com. We'll get this figured out ASAP.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
rgstech

Post by rgstech » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:29 pm

Hey Ben, I'm back. Still having issues with getting this working again. Now, when I look at the real time stats on the GEM I see the following:

I don't understand the negative numbers on channels 1,3 and 4. I have not changed any physical wiring.

Thanks again for all the help.
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:53 am

rgstech wrote:Hey Ben, I'm back. Still having issues with getting this working again. Now, when I look at the real time stats on the GEM I see the following:

I don't understand the negative numbers on channels 1,3 and 4. I have not changed any physical wiring.

Thanks again for all the help.
Hard to see those channels on your GEM image, but I have a suspicion you may have a CT or three out of phase. The splits must be installed in opposing directions or one CT will cancel from the other.

An easy way to test this would be to remove one set of CT leads from CH1. Check to see if it goes positive. If it does, reverse the leads and re-insert it into the channel.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
rgstech

Post by rgstech » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:16 pm

If I click on the picture it gets larger... not sure if that's only in some browsers.

I haven't changed any of the CT leads from when it was working properly... which it did for nearly a year. I can certainly change them around on channel 1, but it doesn't make sense to me that it would reverse on its own. :)
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:47 am

How often do the negatives show up? If they're constant, try turning off NET on the negative channels under Channel Option.

Can you capture a few packets via the GEM Network Utility debug section and post them here?

Are you using the bad 5V supply as noted at http://www.brultech.com/contact?
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.