GreenEye Setup

Ask questions about the GEM here.
keyboardgnome

GreenEye Setup

Post by keyboardgnome » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:22 am

Howdy do-

COM firmware ver: 4.33
ENG firmware ver: 1.49

I just installed my unit yesterday, and am stuck on some things...

1. Under Channel Option, Volt Reading: 105.3 V.... I've metered this outlet, and it says it's 119.2 volts. Why would it be misreading the voltage from the transformer? Before, it said 300 some odd volts, but that was behind a surge protector and now it is plugged directly into a GFCI outlet.

2. I'm trying to get it to use the HTTP GET method, and it seemingly refuses to operate in that mode. It wanted to connect to an IP address that isn't part of my network on a high numbered port. When I go to Data Post, none of my settings stay after I select Save.

In other notes, the manual for this system is a little out of date; menu options seem to have changed or moved based upon the screen shots and what I see in my firmware version. I also tried to download 4.33 to 'reflash' the GreenEye, but only 4.32 appears to be available to download.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: When I go to visit the webpage for the GreenEye, it sometimes responds with

Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive Alive HTTP/1.1 100 Continue

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Type: text/html
Server: GEM ver1
Transfer-Encoding: chunked

<!DOCTYPE html>
<head><style type="text/css">
table.t {font-size:12px; color:#222; text-align:center; width:100%; border-collapse: collapse;}
table.t th {font-size:12px; color:#FFF; background-color:#1266DB; padding:4px; border-color: #FFF;text-align:center;}table.t th:hover {background-color:#FC470A;}table.t tr {background-color:#FFF;}
table.t td {font-size:12px;padding: 4px;border-style:outset;border-color:#FFF;}
table.t a {color:#FFF; text-decoration:none;}</style>
</head>
<body><div style="width:70%; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; font-family:Verdana; font-size:12px; color:#333333; padding: 22px 12px 22px 12px; background-color:#EEE">
<table class="t"><tr><td style="border:none"><br><font color="#0542FA"><H2>GreenEye&trade; Monitor </H2></font><br></td><td style="border:none"><input type=button value='Enter Setup Mode' onClick="javascript: document.location.href='y'"></td><td style="border:none"><font color="#AAA"><h5>Remember to exit this mode when done.</h5></font></td><td style="border:none"></td></tr></table></div></body></html>

Teken

Re: GreenEye Setup

Post by Teken » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:18 am

Under channel options in the GEM what does the system indicate for line voltage? To the right of that voltage what is the PT range and type set for?

- Ensure the PT plug is inserted all the way and spin it around for good measure. Tell me (IF) the line voltage changes when you do this with out changing anything else in the system.

- What color is the PCB of the GEM its either going to be blue vs black. More than likely its going to be a blue PCB board.
Teken . . .

My ongoing projects thread: http://www.brultech.com/community/viewt ... ?f=2&t=929
Buy me a cup of coffee: https://www.paypal.me/Teken https://gfinotify.com/ Discount Code: PC10
keyboardgnome

Post by keyboardgnome » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:41 pm

Under channel options in the GEM what does the system indicate for line voltage? 104.2
To the right of that voltage what is the PT range and type set for? Type: 238 range: 4

When I spin it around, the detected voltage drops to 90.2. I just spun it back around to the way I had it before, and it's now 99.0.

The color of the PCB is blue.

Thanks!
Teken

Post by Teken » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:49 pm

keyboardgnome wrote:Under channel options in the GEM what does the system indicate for line voltage? 104.2
To the right of that voltage what is the PT range and type set for? Type: 238 range: 4

When I spin it around, the detected voltage drops to 90.2. I just spun it back around to the way I had it before, and it's now 99.0.

The color of the PCB is blue.

Thanks!
I want you to power down the GEM and remove both the power supply and PT transformer. Use some isoropol alcohol or anything you have for cleaning contacts etc. Wipe clean both the plugs and take a Q-Tip and clean both internal barrel connectors (Gently) and report back what the line voltage is then.

Please ensure both radio plugs are inserted as far as possible do not force the plug though.
Teken . . .

My ongoing projects thread: http://www.brultech.com/community/viewt ... ?f=2&t=929
Buy me a cup of coffee: https://www.paypal.me/Teken https://gfinotify.com/ Discount Code: PC10
keyboardgnome

Post by keyboardgnome » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:00 pm

Cleaning helped on the voltage reporting!

Regarding #2, I've finally gotten it to do the proper HTTP methods. There's a weird state change between using the webUI and that of the Windows App that I can quite figure out.

In the meantime, I'm writing my own app to ingest the data since the suggested ones wont work with the way it wants to submit data via GET. This is part of the weird failure state of the two methods of interacting with the GEM. Once I'm done, I'll give a write up and some code.
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:50 am

The web page on the GEM is a bit primitive in implementation so on occasion you may catch the packets coming out of the GEM instead of it sending the web page. This will happen more often depending on what your packet send interval is set to (basically dependent on how long the "quiet" time is).

The Alive messages are a keep-alive implemented on the GEM. The keep-alive can be disabled via the Adv section.

What settings are you inputting into the Data Post section? Haven't seen any issues with saving as of yet. It will pull up the extra fields every time you click the page (even if they aren't used).

You can go to the Packet Send section and click the Show Packet button to see what it'll be outputting.

When using Data Post, you also need to make sure your communication module is pointed at the Server you're trying to reach. The Ethernet, WiFi/Ethernet, and Old WiFi all work independently from the GEM.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
duckygator

Post by duckygator » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:33 pm

I too am having problems with the Data Post options - It seems configured correctly, but it doesn't seem to post data as scheduled - I'm not seeing anything in my web server logs, and if I use wireshark to monitor traffic on the network, I don't see the requests leaving the GEM.

Ben: In your post, you mention:
When using Data Post, you also need to make sure your communication module is pointed at the Server you're trying to reach. The Ethernet, WiFi/Ethernet, and Old WiFi all work independently from the GEM.
I'm using a WiFi/Ethernet device. How do I check/change that my communication module is pointed at the server I'm trying to reach?
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:21 am

duckygator wrote:I too am having problems with the Data Post options - It seems configured correctly, but it doesn't seem to post data as scheduled - I'm not seeing anything in my web server logs, and if I use wireshark to monitor traffic on the network, I don't see the requests leaving the GEM.

Ben: In your post, you mention:
I'm using a WiFi/Ethernet device. How do I check/change that my communication module is pointed at the server I'm trying to reach?
There's 2 places you can set this.

The first is the Network section of the GEM Setup Webpage. You just set the IP of your destination and the Port.

The 2nd is in the WiFi/Ethernet setup page, under Application Settings.

We suggest trying the Network page first.

You must exit setup mode if you want the GEM to send packets. Setup mode will not send packets until 5 minutes of no activity is up.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
duckygator

Post by duckygator » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:26 am

Thanks Ben. I found that setting in the Application Settings page of the WiFi/Ethernet settings and got it working late last night. I will take a peek at the Network settings page tonight. Thanks!!!
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:02 am

duckygator wrote:Thanks Ben. I found that setting in the Application Settings page of the WiFi/Ethernet settings and got it working late last night. I will take a peek at the Network settings page tonight. Thanks!!!
The Network page works as a 2nd TCP connection. The only downfall is it spits out the data it sends to both connections. So if you request the GEM Setup Page, it's likely to send a copy through TCP2 also.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.