2 questions - 1 wire and PT Values

Ask questions about the GEM here.
ben
Site Admin

Re: 2 questions - 1 wire and PT Values

Post by ben » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:29 am

Can you snap a picture of the PT jack on the GEM? You can pull the cover plate off if needed (it's just held on with plastic pegs).

Also, make sure the PT jack is pushed all the way in.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:43 am

We simulated the same issue here.

It's either the plug is not all the way in, or the PT jack is broken.

If it's the first issue, that's an easy fix.

If it's a broken PT jack, the Mini-USB can be used as another PT input. Send me an email in this case and we'll figure something out.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
brassfly

Post by brassfly » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:55 pm

Ok, I got the PT dialed in at 138/4, that got me to within .3v of the meter. Ben was correct though, the PT jack is loose, making me wonder if the adapter didn't get dropped (its mounted above the breaker box).
Teken

2 questions - 1 wire and PT Values

Post by Teken » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:59 pm

If you wiggle it does the voltage change? If so the connector needs to be repaired assuming it's a cold solder joint.

=========================

The highest calling in life is to serve ones country faithfully - Teach others what can be. Do what is right and not what is popular.
Teken . . .

My ongoing projects thread: http://www.brultech.com/community/viewt ... ?f=2&t=929
Buy me a cup of coffee: https://www.paypal.me/Teken https://gfinotify.com/ Discount Code: PC10
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:39 am

The PT jack is the issue, we're working on a solution. The readings with the PT jack in its current state won't be accurate.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
brassfly

Post by brassfly » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:57 pm

Ok, I tried to get the Pt jack soldered back on, problem is the pad that appears to need it is the lower right, right next to the green phoenix connector. I tried, but only singed the PT jack and the phoenix right below it.

Could we pursue the usb PT option?

Also, I still have only the nc being reported back for temp sensor #1. Oddly enough #2 is reporting back 5, but only 1 is connected.
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:14 am

brassfly wrote:Ok, I tried to get the Pt jack soldered back on, problem is the pad that appears to need it is the lower right, right next to the green phoenix connector. I tried, but only singed the PT jack and the phoenix right below it.

Could we pursue the usb PT option?
Yeah, do you have a Serial-to-Mini USB cable available? Attached a diagram, if it's too complicated send me an email and we'll figure something out.
brassfly wrote: Also, I still have only the nc being reported back for temp sensor #1. Oddly enough #2 is reporting back 5, but only 1 is connected.
If you do a Search and List in the GEM Setup Page, does it always set the temperature code as #2? If it sets it as #1, use the Search, List, and Save option.
Attachments
PT to Mini USB adaptor.png
PT to Mini USB adaptor.png (145.47 KiB) Viewed 1616 times
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.