Gem not going into setup mode ???????

Ask questions about the GEM here.
montrealfan

Gem not going into setup mode ???????

Post by montrealfan » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:09 pm

Hi,

I purchased the GEM and Dashbox at the end of Feb 2017. I'm yet to get it running however and at wits end. I previously had the ECM 1240 setup so I'm familiar with some of the Burltech setups.

I can see the dashbox as I was able to pick it up off the router. (the network discovery tool did not find it) I can access the dashbox VIA the browser and can get to the setup secreen. but when trying the :8001 port after the IP i'm getting the black triangle with question marks (code translation issue). Despite using different systems and browsers i sill cannot get it to run. I have the STS cable running from COM1 to the Dashbox 1

Can someone please help me, i have tried for hours trying to get it to run, and i'm somewhat at a loss. i have included some photos at http://www.2advancedit.ca/gemdash.html of my installation.

thanks Doug
montrealfan

Re: Gem not going into setup mode ???????

Post by montrealfan » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:53 pm

Changed the Baud Rate on Com1 and now can see GEM
ben
Site Admin

Re: Gem not going into setup mode ???????

Post by ben » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:27 am

In case any one comes across this thread, if you ever have issues connecting a monitor to the DashBox make sure you check the Settings->System->Change Baudrates section of the DashBox.

If it says "Unknown monitor detected", try switching to the alternate baud rate. Unknown Monitor means it sees something connected but can't make sense of its packets.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com