Replacement GEM Antennas

Ask questions about the GEM here.
scottmichaelj

Replacement GEM Antennas

Post by scottmichaelj » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:32 pm

Recently I noticed a crack in the base of my GEM antenna. Not sure if it was damaged in shipping and never noticed or what. No big deal. I did a bit of research and found these 8dBi 2.4/5 GHz Dual Band Wireless Wifi Antenna (RP-SMA Jack Male) on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/111567688979

Product Description:

• This compact 2.4GHz/5.8Ghz dual band omnidirectional "rubber-duck" WiFi antenna provides broad coverage and 8dBi gain. It is a coaxial sleeve design with an omni-directional pattern. It is ideally suited for IEEE 802.11b/g/n wireless LANs

Specification / Features:

• For wireless router and WLAN PCI card
• 802.11a/b/g/n
• RP SMA male connector
• Flexible WiFi antenna
• Length:160mm
• Frequency:2.4-2.5Ghz/5150-5850Mhz

Package Includes:

• 1 x 2.4GHz/5.8Ghz 8dBi Omni WIFI Antenna Dual Band RP SMA For wireless routers

End result I bought three, one for each of my GEMS (I have two) and a backup. My signal was decent before but not great - now with these I was able to increase the range and signal plus they look good too! Some of the higher dbi antennas were larger/taller than the GEM! No thanks! These fit the bill for replacements nicely. So if your looking to replace or increase your range/signal give these a shot. Ill try and follow up with a signal difference before with the stock antenna and after.