Brultech Device Discovery Error

Ask questions about the GEM here.
penguinshockey

Brultech Device Discovery Error

Post by penguinshockey » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:24 am

I have a GEM and DashBox and now receive the following error when using the device discovery tool.

Device Net Scan ....... Error with last subnet.

I get this when connected to either of my routers (I have 2 DSL lines) but not when not connected to either router.

Running ipconfig when connected to the router that connects with the DB returns the following:
IPv4 Address: 192.168.0.239
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway:192.168.0.1

Also if I run the GEM Network Utility I only get a single IP address: 192.168.0.217

Both devices appear to be working normally via respective LEDs however I rebooted each with no change in results.

Any suggestions??
penguinshockey

Re: Brultech Device Discovery Error

Post by penguinshockey » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:20 am

Update:

I logged in to the router and looked at connected devices to find that the DB was showing unavailable (assuming it's IP address hasn't changed). So I power-cycled it once again and after it booted up it did show in my router as available. I ran the GEM Network Utility and it showed up there also. I ran Device Discovery and it gave me the same error. I attempted to access the DB using the IP address and it began to open and then stopped while trying to load. Looking at router connected devices and GEM showed the DB not available once again. Upon inspecting the DB, it now has a solid soft blue light which never changes unless power is removed and it finally goes out. Pending a reply I will leave the DB powered off for a while and try later.
Teken

Post by Teken » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:37 am

Do either DB / GEM use a Static IP address, Reserved MAC address, DHCP?
Teken . . .

My ongoing projects thread: http://www.brultech.com/community/viewt ... ?f=2&t=929
Buy me a cup of coffee: https://www.paypal.me/Teken https://gfinotify.com/ Discount Code: PC10
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:20 am

I'll look into it this morning.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
sub3marathonman

Post by sub3marathonman » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:05 am

Teken wrote:Do either DB / GEM use a Static IP address, Reserved MAC address, DHCP?
I'm having the same "Error with last subnet" when running the program too.

And, as Teken asked, I am having the GEM with a Static IP address. In the cable-modem, I see the Reserved MAC address too.

I am also running Windows 10, which I'm wondering if that is acceptable, as I only see support to Windows 8.

As background, everything was working great. Then I decided I should upgrade the over a decade old D-Link 615 Router. I thought I'd be smart, and set up the new router with the same wireless network name. I'thought I'd be really smart, and use the same password too. :D It didn't quite work out, as late at night I entered a different password.

I managed to reset the WiFi on the GEM, and get it connected to the new network!! It has the same Static IP address as before. The cable-modem still has reserved that IP address. But somehow I think the D-Link router must have had that IP address in reserve too and I need to set the new router up that way? I really thought the cable-modem reserved IP address was enough, but now see it isn't.

Glad to see Teken is still doing fine and helping everybody.

Thanks for all the help.

Kevin