DS18B20 Temp sensors stopped working

Ask questions about the GEM here.
fl_insight

Re: DS18B20 Temp sensors stopped working

Post by fl_insight » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:01 pm

ben wrote:
cvachon79 wrote:
ben wrote:It sounds like with the lightning the port that controls the 1-wire was damaged.

Does everything else work?
Correct - nothing connected including the pull-up. I have not noticed any other problems with the GEM.
It's possible to have just fried the one port without it affecting any other functions of the GEM.

I'll send you over an email.
Ben,

I have the exact same issue with my temp sensors. My ohm reading is about the same at 2.9. I did have other issues with my system including losing both power adapters to gem and dashbox, and having to adjust my pt pretty dramatically. Not sure if it was due to lightning, but something severe happened.

I read another similar post where Paul recommend s replacing the mosfet? What is the best solution?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
ben
Site Admin

Re: DS18B20 Temp sensors stopped working

Post by ben » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:44 am

fl_insight wrote:Ben,

I have the exact same issue with my temp sensors. My ohm reading is about the same at 2.9. I did have other issues with my system including losing both power adapters to gem and dashbox, and having to adjust my pt pretty dramatically. Not sure if it was due to lightning, but something severe happened.

I read another similar post where Paul recommend s replacing the mosfet? What is the best solution?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
You can try replacing the mosfet, but Paul was saying given the voltage issues there might be something else on the board that got fried too (since both power supplies died, voltage is reading wrong, temperature sensors aren't working, etc).

Ben
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com