Password Request Trying to Access GEM via Browser

Ask questions about the GEM here.
JoeSoMD

Password Request Trying to Access GEM via Browser

Post by JoeSoMD » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:40 pm

So I had SysErr2 and another type of error (something like 100010) in the system status report. Per a post on the forum I had to hard reboot - power off and remove the battery. This, per Ben, is supposed to flip a leftover bit.

This is all after upgrading firmware from COM 3.1 to 4.17 and ENG from 1.47 to 1.49.

System came back up. Was able to connect via the network utility tool.

Then I tried to pull up the browser using http://192.168.1.131:8000. It asked for a password. This is the first time I've seen that prompt in the browser. The prompt is "Enter your GEM password".

I tried "admin" but that didn't work.

Sorry if I missed this in the manual - I can't find it on the forum either.

Joe Kubinec
Hollywood, MD
JoeSoMD

Re: Password Request Trying to Access GEM via Browser

Post by JoeSoMD » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:55 am

Found the answer... Page 6 of the GEM new features for COM and ENG manual. (This is in document GEM-UD1).

Resetting the password: In the event that the password was forgotten or improperly entered, the password can be reset. A reset password is a blank password field, which means that you can enter the setup page by simply clicking "enter" with nothing in the password field.

Two methods are provided to reset the password:
- Press the recessed PB switch at the bottom of the GEM and maintain it until the "SYS" LED turns yellow then release. The LED will flash "red" three times, then green" three times then when the "yellow" flash begins, press and release the switch.
- Contact Brultech support for the special command required to be sent to the GEM. This can be done remotely providing that remote access to the GEM is available.
jsu1995

Re: Password Request Trying to Access GEM via Browser

Post by jsu1995 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:15 pm

Thank you for this post.

Five years after my initial install, I'm finally getting back around to using my GEM, and I ran into this exact issue. I can't even find the GEM-UD1 manual to which you were referring, so thank you for posting the complete procedure here.

Worked like a charm!