New TCP2 Setting

Ask questions about the GEM here.
rjsmith0

New TCP2 Setting

Post by rjsmith0 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:02 pm

I have seen reference to a TCP2 setting mentioned in recent firmware that would allow me to post while in server mode. I am running COM 3.24 and ENG 1.49, but when I go to network, it says:

"This GreenEye Monitor has a Wifi/Ethernet combination module installed.
Network setup is accomplished using a dedicated network setup page which is incorporated into the module."

Is this option only available for someone with the wifi/ethernet V2 combo?

thanks,

Joe
ben
Site Admin

Re: New TCP2 Setting

Post by ben » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:52 pm

rjsmith0 wrote:I have seen reference to a TCP2 setting mentioned in recent firmware that would allow me to post while in server mode. I am running COM 3.24 and ENG 1.49, but when I go to network, it says:

"This GreenEye Monitor has a Wifi/Ethernet combination module installed.
Network setup is accomplished using a dedicated network setup page which is incorporated into the module."

Is this option only available for someone with the wifi/ethernet V2 combo?

thanks,

Joe
How old is your GEM? It's only available to V2s, but we haven't sold V1s in a long time.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
rjsmith0

Post by rjsmith0 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:20 pm

It was purchased in January of 2014. I just used the network utility to tell the GEM I had a V2 and the option is now available. I may have mistakenly set it as a V1 previously thinking I had the older model. Thanks!
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:13 am

rjsmith0 wrote:It was purchased in January of 2014. I just used the network utility to tell the GEM I had a V2 and the option is now available. I may have mistakenly set it as a V1 previously thinking I had the older model. Thanks!
We can verify it's V2 if you want to email me over a picture of the WiFi/Ethernet module (ben(at)brultech.com).
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com