Troubleshooting 240V range sensors

Ask questions about the GEM here.
turbo

Troubleshooting 240V range sensors

Post by turbo » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:50 pm

Hi all,

I'm getting my GEM installation nailed down. I have pretty much all channels working correctly except two breakers for 240V electric ranges.

When I read the manual initially I didn't absorb the bit about 240V readings and the neutral ground. So, I tried setting up the stream as 1 CT on one leg with the GEM doubler.

When I didn't get any readings, I read that bit again, then installed a 2nd CT on the 2nd leg of the breaker (CT50's), plugged them in with opposite polarity on the leads to ports 2 and 3 according to the manual.

The best I've been able to get out of the stream data is an occasional spike where the sensed data will show the actual use for a moment. I can see this in the live data stream as well where the readings are 0,0,0,0,0, 703W/6amps,0,0,0,0...and so forth.

I've tried a lot of different testing combinations of polarity, single CT to a channel and so forth. My next move would be to put a CT in a single channel, all four for two breakers and see what I get.

What can I do to test this? is a faulty neutral possibly a potential problem I could test for?

Todd
Teken

Re: Troubleshooting 240V range sensors

Post by Teken » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:24 pm

turbo wrote:Hi all,

I'm getting my GEM installation nailed down. I have pretty much all channels working correctly except two breakers for 240V electric ranges.

When I read the manual initially I didn't absorb the bit about 240V readings and the neutral ground. So, I tried setting up the stream as 1 CT on one leg with the GEM doubler.

When I didn't get any readings, I read that bit again, then installed a 2nd CT on the 2nd leg of the breaker (CT50's), plugged them in with opposite polarity on the leads to ports 2 and 3 according to the manual.

The best I've been able to get out of the stream data is an occasional spike where the sensed data will show the actual use for a moment. I can see this in the live data stream as well where the readings are 0,0,0,0,0, 703W/6amps,0,0,0,0...and so forth.

I've tried a lot of different testing combinations of polarity, single CT to a channel and so forth. My next move would be to put a CT in a single channel, all four for two breakers and see what I get.

What can I do to test this? is a faulty neutral possibly a potential problem I could test for?

Todd
Hello Todd,

Apologies for the late reply have you made any head way on this problem?
Teken . . .

My ongoing projects thread: http://www.brultech.com/community/viewt ... ?f=2&t=929
Buy me a cup of coffee: https://www.paypal.me/Teken https://gfinotify.com/ Discount Code: PC10
ben
Site Admin

Re: Troubleshooting 240V range sensors

Post by ben » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:02 am

We're looking into it via email
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com