Troubles with one of my GEMs

Ask questions about the GEM here.
DanP

Troubles with one of my GEMs

Post by DanP » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:47 pm

Hi,

I have three GEMs with WiFi/Network combo, two of which work fabulously, one of which I've never been able to get working. COM firmware: 4.02.10.C1224.01 (GreenEye_1405081813.img emailed to me by Ben), I was able to flash it again via the COM config device management tab, just in case it didn't take right the first time but noticed no change. I can access and configure the COM config over HTTP port 80 via both wireless and ethernet.

I cannot access the Engine over HTTP port 8000 in any browser, the browser just sits there waiting for a response.

I cannot access the GEM via GEM Network Utility 5.9. It results in the following error when I click "Get GEM Info"

Refresh error 2 0
Response data =
Data Length = 0

If I put it into recovery mode and try to flash GEM_C_Firmware_3.24_.fmw GEM Network Utility 5.9 returns "Error 0". I've also monkeyed with trying to connect at both 19200 and 115200 baud rates. I've reset it and play with it for many hours now and can't seem to progress beyond this point. Does anyone have any ideas of what else I might try to get it working?

Thanks,
Dan
DanP

Re: Troubles with one of my GEMs

Post by DanP » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:48 pm

I neglected to mention I tried the unplug it and pull the battery method a few times as well.
ben
Site Admin

Re: Troubles with one of my GEMs

Post by ben » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:36 am

Have you done the following?

Recovery mode:
- Unplug the GEM
- Hold down button at bottom of unit
- Plug in the GEM

Change the baud on the WiFi/Ethernet module to 19200.
Open GEM Network Utility.
Connect to GEM Port 8000 (or whatever port you specified in Application Settings).
Checkmark Recovery Mode.
Try uploading the COM firmware.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com