ISY Data Packet and ECM emulation?

Ask questions about the GEM here.
scyto

ISY Data Packet and ECM emulation?

Post by scyto » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:53 pm

Can the ISY data packet format be made to send all 32 channels as multiple ECM devices to the ISY if I have ECM emulation turned on for 5 devices?

I would like the ISY to see the data sent to it as electricity data so it can be surfaced up to apps like mobilinc. The current method of using GEM to push into state variables is a great workaround for programs etc but misses out on that deeper integration.
ben
Site Admin

Re: ISY Data Packet and ECM emulation?

Post by ben » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:44 am

scyto wrote:Can the ISY data packet format be made to send all 32 channels as multiple ECM devices to the ISY if I have ECM emulation turned on for 5 devices?

I would like the ISY to see the data sent to it as electricity data so it can be surfaced up to apps like mobilinc. The current method of using GEM to push into state variables is a great workaround for programs etc but misses out on that deeper integration.
The ISY can't accept multiple ECM-1240s through the ECM-1240 emulation due to each ECM-1240 needing its own Zigbee address.

EDIT: Never mind about XBee, I read your other thread.

You should be able to get it going with the ISY format on COM2.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
scyto

Post by scyto » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:40 pm

Thanks, I got it working on com1 over IP with ISY format, but it only appeared to pull the first 7 channels.
Will it get more if I put it on com2?
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:23 am

scyto wrote:Thanks, I got it working on com1 over IP with ISY format, but it only appeared to pull the first 7 channels.
Will it get more if I put it on com2?
If you go via Xbee you'll get all the channels. The energy module can only do 1 ECM-1240.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com