HTML displayed in Setup when using Chrome

Ask questions about the GEM here.
peppersass

HTML displayed in Setup when using Chrome

Post by peppersass » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:15 pm

Sometimes when I select a screen in GEM Setup, the HTML is displayed instead of the graphics. If I go back to the main Setup screen and try again, the graphics are displayed. I think a refresh works, too, but I'm not sure.

I haven't inspected the HTML closely, but would guess that the browser is missing one or more commands at the start of the HTML. Perhaps a short pause is needed before displaying the screen. Or, it could be that the problem occurs if the packet-send timer goes off when the screen is being displayed (just guessing.)

I've only used Chrome to interact with the GEM, so I can't say whether this happens with other browsers.

Note that I'm using WiFi to interact with the GEM directly, not via the DashBox.
ben
Site Admin

Re: HTML displayed in Setup when using Chrome

Post by ben » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:15 pm

peppersass wrote:Sometimes when I select a screen in GEM Setup, the HTML is displayed instead of the graphics. If I go back to the main Setup screen and try again, the graphics are displayed. I think a refresh works, too, but I'm not sure.

I haven't inspected the HTML closely, but would guess that the browser is missing one or more commands at the start of the HTML. Perhaps a short pause is needed before displaying the screen. Or, it could be that the problem occurs if the packet-send timer goes off when the screen is being displayed (just guessing.)

I've only used Chrome to interact with the GEM, so I can't say whether this happens with other browsers.

Note that I'm using WiFi to interact with the GEM directly, not via the DashBox.
It's possible that the GEM sent a packet as you were entering GEM Setup, this will cause the header to be distorted and it'll dump the rest of the contents either on screen or into an ongoing file.

If this ever happens just open a new tab or try refresh.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com