TCP peer keeps closing connection

Ask questions about the GEM here.
gusa1

TCP peer keeps closing connection

Post by gusa1 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:07 pm

I have a new GEM, w/ wifi only. GEM Network utility V 5.9 running, baud 19.2, "normal", idle time 12, wifi version 4.41. Connection Status = "Connected" but the box is red. I have ECM Engine V2.49. The problem is, the TCP connection keeps getting reset once every 30 seconds or so. i see "Connected to Ethernet Gateway Via TCP/IP", then "TCP Server A Closed", then "Connected to Ethernet Gateway", then "Connected to Ethernet Gateway via TCP/IP", then "TCP Server A Closed". this whole cycle takes about 30 seconds and repeats. When the connection is closed, "Connected" changes to "Peer is closing connection" and the cycle repeats. Suggestions? I am trying to do a local web server with the monitor dashboard software displaying locally, but there is no data being displayed. Suggestions? Thanks
ben
Site Admin

Re: TCP peer keeps closing connection

Post by ben » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:25 am

gusa1 wrote:I have a new GEM, w/ wifi only. GEM Network utility V 5.9 running, baud 19.2, "normal", idle time 12, wifi version 4.41. Connection Status = "Connected" but the box is red. I have ECM Engine V2.49. The problem is, the TCP connection keeps getting reset once every 30 seconds or so. i see "Connected to Ethernet Gateway Via TCP/IP", then "TCP Server A Closed", then "Connected to Ethernet Gateway", then "Connected to Ethernet Gateway via TCP/IP", then "TCP Server A Closed". this whole cycle takes about 30 seconds and repeats. When the connection is closed, "Connected" changes to "Peer is closing connection" and the cycle repeats. Suggestions? I am trying to do a local web server with the monitor dashboard software displaying locally, but there is no data being displayed. Suggestions? Thanks
There's an idle time setting for the WiFi module, this setting tells the module to disconnect after X seconds of inactivity. You'll want to change it to 0 to ensure a persistent connection.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com