Possible to configure Ethernet-only GEM without Windows?

Ask questions about the GEM here.
kenh

Possible to configure Ethernet-only GEM without Windows?

Post by kenh » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:46 am

I don't have any Windows boxes, so I'm trying to determine if I can configure an Ethernet-only GEM without access to the GEM Network Utility. I am aware that the WiFi setup documentation explains how to set up the GEM without Network Utility, but the only way given in the Ethernet documentation is to use the Network Utility. If the GEM with Ethernet only behaves in the same way (comes up with a default IP address, you can configure everything via the internal web server) then that is fine. is it possible to configure everything via the web page? Are there any settings that are only available via the Network Utility?

Related ... there was mention in the documentation and on this forum about a Java application to do firmware upgrades. But I can't find any mention of it on the Software web page. Is it still available?

Thanks for any replies
ben
Site Admin

Re: Possible to configure Ethernet-only GEM without Windows?

Post by ben » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:17 am

kenh wrote:I don't have any Windows boxes, so I'm trying to determine if I can configure an Ethernet-only GEM without access to the GEM Network Utility. I am aware that the WiFi setup documentation explains how to set up the GEM without Network Utility, but the only way given in the Ethernet documentation is to use the Network Utility. If the GEM with Ethernet only behaves in the same way (comes up with a default IP address, you can configure everything via the internal web server) then that is fine. is it possible to configure everything via the web page? Are there any settings that are only available via the Network Utility?
2 options:

http://www.planetarygear.org/2012/06/wi ... ac-v2.html
https://github.com/zehome/wiznetconfigurator

Everything can be configured via the webpage.
kenh wrote:Related ... there was mention in the documentation and on this forum about a Java application to do firmware upgrades. But I can't find any mention of it on the Software web page. Is it still available?
I'll stick it up there in a bit.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com