GEM Connection issues

Ask questions about the GEM here.
kdroyer

Re: GEM Connection issues

Post by kdroyer » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:29 pm

I press the scan (from the GEM network utility) and the only thing that shows up is my router IP and wireless printer IP. I did this AFTER I followed the steps in the GEM-SET-WE manual (up to page 13). Everything works as per the manual until I get past page 13. I go to page 17 to "connect a PC to the GEM via Network" and I cannot connect to GEM, the scan does NOT show my GEM.

If I reset the router and go directly to the GEM network utility and press the scan button, the GEM does show up at address 192.168.2.2, however...this is skipping the steps on pages 8-13 (connecting directly to the GEM). I've tried resetting and going straight to GEM network utility and my GEM does show up on the scan and I can connect to it, but when I try to "GET GEM INFO", I get the refresh error.
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:22 pm

kdroyer wrote:I press the scan (from the GEM network utility) and the only thing that shows up is my router IP and wireless printer IP. I did this AFTER I followed the steps in the GEM-SET-WE manual (up to page 13). Everything works as per the manual until I get past page 13. I go to page 17 to "connect a PC to the GEM via Network" and I cannot connect to GEM, the scan does NOT show my GEM.
Something to keep in mind, the WiFi/Ethernet module works independently from the GEM so it's possible to connect it to a network while your GEM is unresponsive.

Have you changed anything with your router?
Does the WiFi/Ethernet show your local network when you do a scan from within its setup page?
How is the signal strength if so?
kdroyer wrote:If I reset the router and go directly to the GEM network utility and press the scan button, the GEM does show up at address 192.168.2.2, however...this is skipping the steps on pages 8-13 (connecting directly to the GEM). I've tried resetting and going straight to GEM network utility and my GEM does show up on the scan and I can connect to it, but when I try to "GET GEM INFO", I get the refresh error.
If you followed my steps in the previous post, the GEM won't respond to anything. By holding down the button and plugging it in it's been set to Recovery Mode. All it does while in Recovery Mode is loops and looks for firmware files. This is indicated by the Sys LED on the GEM being red.

If you cycled power since then (Sys LED will be green), the GEM is likely at 115200 baud so you need to make sure that the WiFi/Ethernet module is set to the same baud.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
kdroyer

Post by kdroyer » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:34 pm

I've been gone for a few weeks and back at this effort to get my GEM working.

After I follow the steps in the GEM-SET, Instead of using the network utility, I went straight to my router login page and my GEM does not show up? All the steps worked great on pages 8-13. When I go to page 17, my GEM IP is not discovered, nor does it show up on my router login.

I hope someone out there can give me some help. Is it possible that something went bad with my GEM hardware?

Any Thoughts?
kdroyer

Post by kdroyer » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:43 pm

Finally figured it out. Went to application setting when logged in to the GEM and saw where I could change the Baud rate to 115,200.

I know I was asked to do that previously, just couldn't figure out where to set the rate.

I'm now up and running.....