New setup with GEM and Dashbox

Ask questions about the GEM here.
kdroyer

New setup with GEM and Dashbox

Post by kdroyer » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:38 am

I finally got my order placed for the Gem with WIFI/Ethernet and a Dashbox. I want to make sure I hook it up in the best way. What is the best/reliable method of connection?

I planned on connecting the Dashbox to my router with a cat6 Ethernet cable (about 50 feet away), Then connect my Dashbox to GEM with STS cable. Is this the best method?

If I ordered all this, will I get the STS Cable included in my order? If not, I've looked online and don't see an STS cable anywhere? Hopefully I get this answered in time to add an STS cable to my order if it doesn't come with it!!
ben
Site Admin

Re: New setup with GEM and Dashbox

Post by ben » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:41 am

kdroyer wrote:I finally got my order placed for the Gem with WIFI/Ethernet and a Dashbox. I want to make sure I hook it up in the best way. What is the best/reliable method of connection?

I planned on connecting the Dashbox to my router with a cat6 Ethernet cable (about 50 feet away), Then connect my Dashbox to GEM with STS cable. Is this the best method?

If I ordered all this, will I get the STS Cable included in my order? If not, I've looked online and don't see an STS cable anywhere? Hopefully I get this answered in time to add an STS cable to my order if it doesn't come with it!!
All DashBox orders now include an STS cable. Using the STS is the best method as there'll be no interruption depending on network status when data logging.

Ben
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com