GEM system LED steady yellow

Ask questions about the GEM here.
dsnooks70

GEM system LED steady yellow

Post by dsnooks70 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:16 pm

I have installed a new GEM system at a client's home. This is using the Wifi only option. I was able to connect initially and modify the wireless SSID and password settings. Since then I was able to connect intermittently and installed an access point closer to the unit just to be certain it wasn't a distance/weak signal issue. Now the system LED is steady yellow and cycling power (or anything else I try) makes no difference.
What am I supposed to do with this? I cannot connect to the system.

Dan
ben
Site Admin

Re: GEM system LED steady yellow

Post by ben » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:46 pm

dsnooks70 wrote:I have installed a new GEM system at a client's home. This is using the Wifi only option. I was able to connect initially and modify the wireless SSID and password settings. Since then I was able to connect intermittently and installed an access point closer to the unit just to be certain it wasn't a distance/weak signal issue. Now the system LED is steady yellow and cycling power (or anything else I try) makes no difference.
What am I supposed to do with this? I cannot connect to the system.

Dan
Does the Sys LED still flash red periodically?

Can you put it back into AP mode by using the switch sequence?

Catching up on support emails, if you're still on site I can call in 15-20 minutes.

Ben
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
dsnooks70

Post by dsnooks70 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:09 pm

So, since we spoke on the phone I have been able to access the setup but only for about 60 seconds.
Resetting by removing the battery resolved the steady yellow system LED, but now if the unit is powered on for more than a minute it becomes unresponsive. I have been able to change a couple of the channel CT settings, but I pretty much have to power cycle after each change once the webpage locks up.
You mentioned a possible power supply issue, can I just use any 5V adapter? (to test)

Thanks for calling and keep me posted.
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:34 am

dsnooks70 wrote:So, since we spoke on the phone I have been able to access the setup but only for about 60 seconds.
Resetting by removing the battery resolved the steady yellow system LED, but now if the unit is powered on for more than a minute it becomes unresponsive. I have been able to change a couple of the channel CT settings, but I pretty much have to power cycle after each change once the webpage locks up.
You mentioned a possible power supply issue, can I just use any 5V adapter? (to test)

Thanks for calling and keep me posted.
Yeah, any center positive 3.5mm barrel plug 5V adapter between 500mA and 2A.

Let us know if you end up testing one as we've been testing the power supplies before they leave. If it fixes the problem, we'll have to look further into it.

Ben
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com