Great equipment! Great Service!

Visseroth

Great equipment! Great Service!

Post by Visseroth » Fri May 11, 2018 3:02 am

Here's my testimonial.

I've been running the GEM with the Dashbox since July 2017 and it's been solid.
I'm able to monitor breaker for breaker and each main!
Sometimes it takes a little while for the team to get back to you, but when they do they go out of there way to take care of any issues you have.
Key features are that this system is polarity sensitive and monitors 32 CTs (Breakers) independently by default. Not to mention the temperature and pulse counters options (Which I currently don't use at this time).
The Dashbox comes with a 16GB Micro SD card. Currently I have 11.21GB of space left which is storing data since July 2017 to now (May 2018).
The system is easy to use and is only as advanced as you want it to be. You can just monitor the mains or monitor all your breakers as I do and more if you want to.
Power consumption is very little so you don't have to worry about using a bunch of electricity to monitor your electrical usage.
Recently I started to notice high power usage from my fridge. After further investigation I found that my fridge was leaking refrigerant, causing it to run more. This system let me know before hand my fridge was having problems by showing me the increased power consumption over time. I've since replaced the fridge.
It's also given me insight into devices that are supposedly in "standby" that consume enough power to run a light bulb, or power a small PC or laptop. Those devices are now turned off when not in use as their standby function is useless.
I can also see the power consumption of my server equipment, long showers, washer, dryer, ect. I love being able to see what's going on which gives me insight into what is going on, which allows me to make changes around the house to help curve my usage.
I also like being able to compare my usage against my electrical bill, of which I've found that it's usually within about 15Kwh/mo.
Pros:
-Easy to use
-Lots of features
-Best bang for the buck!
-Good support
-Accurate
-Can use with your own monitoring software
-Flexible

Cons:
-Still needs some extra features in GUI

Overall, best system I know of! Would DEFINITELY recommend it!