Advice on routing CT cables to GEM

Working on a home project? Post it here.
scyto

Advice on routing CT cables to GEM

Post by scyto » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:30 pm

So I have been running my GEM and DB for a few month. See the attached picture for how far I got on install.

My breaker box is very very full with neutrals and other important shit. I am trying to work out if I attempt to thread the CT cables out through one or more of the punch outs in the breaker box or get a qualified electrician to assist.

With the current mounting I am unclear how I would root them around the corner in the wall - I assume there is a big wood post in the corner? I want them hidde in the wall if possible.

It is not possible to mount to the right of the breaker (generac switch is there) the top of the breaker box is where all the load and neutrals go so I am leary of cutting into the drywall and there is no room below the breaker box.

It might be possible to mount the GEM above the generac to the top left of the breaker but I don't think all of the CT leads will reach.

Anyone want to offer advice?
Attachments
WP_20141115_13_32_05_Pro.jpg
WP_20141115_13_32_05_Pro.jpg (2.38 MiB) Viewed 2387 times
Ds426

Re: Advice on routing CT cables to GEM

Post by Ds426 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:53 pm

That's a tough one. If your not comfortable working in the box, i'd get an electrician. They can tidy up the wires in the box too. In my box the mains are covered, it would be pretty easy to slip and glance off of yours. I expect you're going to be cutting in to drywall one place or another.

Dan