Whole house monitoring project

Working on a home project? Post it here.
Hikyuuri

Whole house monitoring project

Post by Hikyuuri » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:17 pm

Hello,

I am in the process of helping my dad set up 2 GEM monitors and a ECM-1240 (one GEM in the main 200A panel, one GEM in a 100A sub panel, and the ECM in a 100A sub panel).

I have the ECM set up and recording to a SQL database every second.

The problem I am having is I need the GEM to do the same. I also need some way of accessing and processing this data in SQL to make nice graphs for my dad. I would like to be able to hold on to data for up to 2 years for comparison purposes (year to year), if that is possible. The SQL server I have set up has 80GB of drive space.

I am not much of a programmer, I work mostly with networking (Cisco). Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated!
ben
Site Admin

Re: Whole house monitoring project

Post by ben » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:13 am

Hikyuuri wrote:Hello,

I am in the process of helping my dad set up 2 GEM monitors and a ECM-1240 (one GEM in the main 200A panel, one GEM in a 100A sub panel, and the ECM in a 100A sub panel).

I have the ECM set up and recording to a SQL database every second.

The problem I am having is I need the GEM to do the same. I also need some way of accessing and processing this data in SQL to make nice graphs for my dad. I would like to be able to hold on to data for up to 2 years for comparison purposes (year to year), if that is possible. The SQL server I have set up has 80GB of drive space.

I am not much of a programmer, I work mostly with networking (Cisco). Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated!
Hello,

Have you looked into using BTMon.py (http://lancet.mit.edu/mwall/projects/power/)? It can feed multiple different SQL database types, integrate with a few dashboards, etc.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com