gnhast Initial release

Post any 3rd party software here.
garbled

gnhast Initial release

Post by garbled » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:42 am

I've recently made my initial release of "gnhast", a BSD Licensed open source home automation suite for UNIX based machines.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnhast/

I mention it here, because in the initial release, I have code for reading all the sensors off a GEM unit. Special thanks to Ben for helping me figure out a few of the finer points of the interface. The code to deal with the GEM is pretty simple, so if you are looking for C code that talks to a GEM, you can start there. I also have some skeleton code for talking to an ECM1240, but without one to actually test it on, I haven't enabled it yet. In theory it should be pretty easy to wire up. If all you want is a GEM->RRD logger, the system is fully capable of doing that. For now, on my house, that is all it's doing. In the future, I plan to play with it a bit, and have it do silly things like detect when the washing machine is done with it's cycle and alert me.

Description:

A collection of daemons that work together to build an event-based home automation system. The core set of daemons is written in C, however, any event (such as a light being turned on) can be handled by an external script or program. These programs can be written in any language, and the central daemon handles all the intercommunication. It is designed to be easily extensible for new device types and protocols.
Peter_V

Re: gnhast Initial release

Post by Peter_V » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:35 pm

Cool! As it happens, I'm using a ECM-1240, so I'll take a look and see if I can get it to work on my system. It might take me awhile since I have some other projects, but I'll let you know.
garbled

Post by garbled » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:00 am

Hrmm.. In that case, I'll go ahead and finish up the ecm1240 code in there, and at least get it to the point where I *think* it will work. Is yours network, or serial attached?
Peter_V

Post by Peter_V » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:50 am

Serial on my box. Either ttyS0 or ttyS1 works.

Thanks!
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:45 pm

We could send you an ECM-1240 stream over the internet to your outbound IP address (and a port of your choosing) for testing if you'd like.

If so, contact me at ben(at)brultech.com.

Ben
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com