Cloud based services

Post any 3rd party software here.
virtualfreak

Re: when using ecmread.py can I still use Engine-G?

Post by virtualfreak » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:39 am

ben wrote:
virtualfreak wrote:I want to have my GEM data (using ECM-1240 emulation) sent to both the Engine-G database as well as SEG. Does anyone know if I can configure ecmread.py to do this or another method?
You can have the EngineG forward packets to ecmread.py (under the Forward Data -> Home Automation section), and ecmread.py can be setup to use the different web services.
I was able to make a socket connection using ecmread as server and EngineG as client under the Custom tab. but I get the following error from ecmread.py:

2012/08/18 07:32:43 SmartEnergyGroupsProcessor: 148 bytes uploaded for 1000214
2012/08/18 07:32:43 SEG: upload failed for 1000214: (status nothing_processed)

So, not sure if it's the GEM's ECM-1240 emulator packets. I don't have my old ECM-1240 hooked up to see if ecmread.py accepts packets from them. If anyone has any other troubleshooting ideas, I'll give them a try.
mwall

Re: Cloud based services

Post by mwall » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:39 am

if you are using ecmread.py version 2.4.4, try the following:

1) you can disable the uploading of data so that you do not corrupt your data store while testing. ecmread will do everything it normally does, but it will not upload the data.

SKIP_UPLOAD=1

2) set the log level to get more information about what is happening. error=0, warning=1, info=2, debug=3. a loglevel of debug will display the contents of what ecmread uploads to each service.

LOGLEVEL = 3
virtualfreak

Post by virtualfreak » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:51 pm

mwall wrote:if you are using ecmread.py version 2.4.4, try the following:

1) you can disable the uploading of data so that you do not corrupt your data store while testing. ecmread will do everything it normally does, but it will not upload the data.

SKIP_UPLOAD=1

2) set the log level to get more information about what is happening. error=0, warning=1, info=2, debug=3. a loglevel of debug will display the contents of what ecmread uploads to each service.

LOGLEVEL = 3

Using debug helped me find my mistake. For SEG my NODE name didn't match. Working great now, thanks! Except it's only sending data for the first emulated 1240. Do I have to do something for it to recognize the other emulated 1240's?
mwall

Post by mwall » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:07 am

check the ecm ids.

does the gem use a single ecm id when it emulates multiple ecm devices?

also check the map you defined for seg uploads from ecmread. perhaps you did not make a map entry for each different ecm id?
virtualfreak

Post by virtualfreak » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:11 am

mwall wrote:check the ecm ids.

does the gem use a single ecm id when it emulates multiple ecm devices?

also check the map you defined for seg uploads from ecmread. perhaps you did not make a map entry for each different ecm id?
The GEM takes it's ID and sequentially increments it by one emulating 5 different ECM-1240 units. At least that is how it works with the EngineG software. Since the output coming from the GEM is in binary, I can't make any sense of it.

I tried it without specifying a map entry as well as mapping all 5 emulated ECM-1240 channels.

I attached a screenshot of the ecmread output in debug mode.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (53.73 KiB) Viewed 4668 times
mark_anderson_us

Post by mark_anderson_us » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:49 am

virtualfreak wrote:
Using debug helped me find my mistake. For SEG my NODE name didn't match. Working great now, thanks! Except it's only sending data for the first emulated 1240. Do I have to do something for it to recognize the other emulated 1240's?
I have same issue. Where do you change the node anme and what has to match what?