Micasaverde Vera Module

Post any 3rd party software here.
guessed

Micasaverde Vera Module

Post by guessed » Mon May 23, 2011 1:31 pm

I have the stubs for supporting the Plug & Play versions of the ECM-1240 ready for the Micasaverde Vera (MiOS) unit.

The Plugin is here:
http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_brultech-power-monitor

and it has a discussion link at the bottom for the ongoing development discussions for the Plugin.
strangely

Re: Micasaverde Vera Module

Post by strangely » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:07 am

guessed wrote:I have the stubs for supporting the Plug & Play versions of the ECM-1240 ready for the Micasaverde Vera (MiOS) unit.

The Plugin is here:
http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_brultech-power-monitor

and it has a discussion link at the bottom for the ongoing development discussions for the Plugin.
Yay, will be adding it soon! ;)
guessed

Post by guessed » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:48 pm

I forgot to mention, the Micasaverde/Vera Plugin now supports the URL-format of both the ECM-1240's and the GEM. I haven't updated the Documentation page for it (yet) but it's working fine on both @strangely's and my GEM units.

The URL-based parser will understand, and peel apart, ECM-1240 and GEM output if they're configured to run on the same XBee/EtherBee unit also.... although you'll want to tone down the update frequency to minimize packet collisions.

My GEM is running using an RN-XVee module, in the sockets where the XBee used to be. Seems to work well, so not sure what problems Brultech had with the on-board RN-171 modules, since they're effectively the same unit...
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:19 am

guessed wrote:My GEM is running using an RN-XVee module, in the sockets where the XBee used to be. Seems to work well, so not sure what problems Brultech had with the on-board RN-171 modules, since they're effectively the same unit...
The majority of the issues we had looks to be resolved in the firmware 2.38, we're working on an easier way to configure the module then they should be ready for sale.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
guessed

Post by guessed » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:05 pm

Fair enough.

Have you considered replacing the surface-mounted RN-171 with another [pre-socketed] XBee slot?

You'd then open up a world of options for connectivity since there's a ton of Devices in that form-factor now (several Wifi board (RN-XVee, etc), Ethernet, 802.15.4, Zigbee, RS-232, USB, Bluetooth etc)
2persimmon

Post by 2persimmon » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:01 am

Hi Ben,

I am trying to setup my ECM1240 on Vera3.

In the Set POST URL dialog box, when I enter the URL and press 'save', it returns Timeout error. It return timeout, when I press 'read' as well. Other than that, the ECM reports data correctly to the serial port.

I am using the Zigbee adapter and ECM1240 Interface Application Version 2.34 software. The real-time data is turned off. I am using Firmware 1.025.

Thanks
guessed

Post by guessed » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:53 am

You may need to post this in the regular ECM-1240 Support pages, since it relates to the config tool. Hopefully they'll catch it here.

For reference, here's the MiCasaVerde discussion thread, since it contains the images you've posted for what happens when folks aren't able to specify this information.