EMONCMS kwh/d from ECM1240

Post any 3rd party software here.
eric512

EMONCMS kwh/d from ECM1240

Post by eric512 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:06 pm

I'm running btmon on a pi with ECM1240 serial/usb and getting nice data into emoncms. Graphs and dials look great.

I'm trying to configure a feed to count the kWh/d for each channel, but I'm not sure what input to use. I've tried the wh input, but that doesn't seem to count the kw used for each day.

Any ideas?
ben
Site Admin

Re: EMONCMS kwh/d from ECM1240

Post by ben » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:45 am

If you're using a total kWh feed, you should be able to use the bar graph visualizations to view kwh/d.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
eric512

Post by eric512 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:01 pm

ben wrote:If you're using a total kWh feed, you should be able to use the bar graph visualizations to view kwh/d.
Thanks Ben. I've been playing with the inputs. For the "main" CTs on CH1, I have the watts input and the watt hours input, coming from the 1240. Looks great. The watt hour input counter gets logged to a feed and that feed can display a bar graph for kWh/d. Pretty accurate.

I'd like to run a feed of the watts only input, but I've tried a couple of kWh/d processors and can't get it to work. I get a kWh/d bars, but they are wrong.

Thanks.
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:53 pm

eric512 wrote:
ben wrote:If you're using a total kWh feed, you should be able to use the bar graph visualizations to view kwh/d.
Thanks Ben. I've been playing with the inputs. For the "main" CTs on CH1, I have the watts input and the watt hours input, coming from the 1240. Looks great. The watt hour input counter gets logged to a feed and that feed can display a bar graph for kWh/d. Pretty accurate.

I'd like to run a feed of the watts only input, but I've tried a couple of kWh/d processors and can't get it to work. I get a kWh/d bars, but they are wrong.

Thanks.
I think all you need to do is assign that Watt input to a feed since it should be direct watt values.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com