btmon stopped processing data

Post any 3rd party software here.
Rocquestar

Re: btmon stopped processing data

Post by Rocquestar » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:22 pm

ben wrote: I'm curious what would happen if you moved the rrd files and let btmon.py recreate them. Can you try that?
BINGO!

That was it. While I was tarring them, I got a read error on one of the rrd files - and only one (happened to be the one logged right before the failure. When I moved that one rra file out of the way, it recreated it, and proceeded with the rest of the channels!

Thanks, ben, for helping me though this. I'm not sure I would have considered that it was an IO issue, but in hindsight, it makes perfect sense.

Cheers!!
ben
Site Admin

Re: btmon stopped processing data

Post by ben » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:40 pm

Rocquestar wrote:
ben wrote: I'm curious what would happen if you moved the rrd files and let btmon.py recreate them. Can you try that?
BINGO!

That was it. While I was tarring them, I got a read error on one of the rrd files - and only one (happened to be the one logged right before the failure. When I moved that one rra file out of the way, it recreated it, and proceeded with the rest of the channels!

Thanks, ben, for helping me though this. I'm not sure I would have considered that it was an IO issue, but in hindsight, it makes perfect sense.

Cheers!!
Glad to hear it's resolved.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com