No Desktop Analysis Software?

Post any 3rd party software here.
BobinTN

No Desktop Analysis Software?

Post by BobinTN » Fri May 05, 2017 11:57 am

Am I to understand that nobody has developed any desktop software to read the SQLLite database and query/graph the data over time?

Granted I could have missed it. I have seen the Dashboard, but this appears to be more reall-time data than post-time analysis.

Bob
BobinTN

Re: No Desktop Analysis Software?

Post by BobinTN » Sat May 06, 2017 9:45 am

Ok, maybe may last post was not really a well defined question.

I am running a windows 10 based setup computer wise. I have been looking for an 'easy to setup' and Open Source (or just in "free" beer free) solution to do energy analysis.
It appears that btmon does a good bit of data translation and uploading. But when I research into the Energy Monitor Websites that it supports, they either want to charge me ($7/month {isn't the point to get away from bills of service that last forever?} or the solution is a LINUX based solution that requires a good bit of expertise to configure (especially for a windows translation {I do not want to do virtual machines and dual boots and do not want to add a dedicated computer to this besides my current windows 10 desktop, which is currently relieving all of the data from the ECM).

So, windows 10 web server solution or free energy monitoring website that I could use btmon, or similar product {actually my code skills may be good enough to add code to btmon to a enerty monitoring solution that btmon currently does not suppot}.

1. Does the UtilDev Web Server tools (Dashboard seems to be only real-time; am I missing something?) have any graphing components (for pattern analysis)? Is it a dead solution because of all the energy monitoring websites?

2, There are some pretty great graphing packages out there (I was looking at dygraph last night).

3. Is EmonCMS the solution and I am just not seeing it?

4. As a newbie, I just may be missing the boat. I think I perceive an issue. But it may be I just don't understand.

looking for guidance, re-assurance and knowledge.

BobinTN
:geek:
joe12pack

Post by joe12pack » Sun May 07, 2017 7:12 pm

If you are familiar with PHP and know how to set up a local WAMP server, this might work for you:

http://www.brultech.com/community/viewt ... f=11&t=726

It's a PHP web page that will graph your data over time. You can select the circuit(s), duration, and intervals. Try the demo.

If you install it, just ignore the the parts that do the uploading.

You'll need to install a local WAMP server on your PC to run PHP and Apache. E.g.:

http://www.ampps.com/
scottmichaelj

Post by scottmichaelj » Sun May 07, 2017 8:46 pm

BobinTN wrote:Am I to understand that nobody has developed any desktop software to read the SQLLite database and query/graph the data over time?

Granted I could have missed it. I have seen the Dashboard, but this appears to be more reall-time data than post-time analysis.

Bob
I been looking to automate sending data to something like Google Charts. Have you looked at it?
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Mon May 08, 2017 9:55 am

BTMon.py can be used on any system as there's Python binaries for most systems. You'll want the latest 2.7 version of Python available here:

https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-2713/

Download one of the MSI installers. Most modern systems will likely want to use the 64-bit variant.

After installed, run in Command Prompt:

Code: Select all

pip install influxdb

Once installed, download BTMon.py, go with mroch's influxdb variant:

https://github.com/mroch/mtools/blob/in ... n/btmon.py

InfluxDB binaries:

https://dl.influxdata.com/influxdb/rele ... _amd64.zip

Grafana can also be installed on Windows:

http://docs.grafana.org/installation/windows/

I'll try getting it all setup on our end and see about getting some steps together to make it easier to install.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
BobinTN

Post by BobinTN » Thu May 11, 2017 2:24 pm

Thanks for all of the ideas guys!

My main issues I think is just conceptually understanding what technologys I need to move forward.

I think the UtilDev tools has some data graphing but may be just for the gem series. Could be wrong on that because I did not follow that path till the end.

I have been off the site for a number of days because I started down the btmon->InfluxdB -> Grafana track.

I have installed the mroch btmon path off of github. tested it.

I have installed InfluxDB and have been playing with it. Blowing my mind a little with the time series database and HTTP communications. Still playing with database loading syntax and concepts.

I have installed Grafana Web Server. It is quite deep also, understanding exactly how Metric Monitoring works (new to me also). Just today I have loaded in some of the ecm.db data that I have collected.

The WAMP sever stuff is new to me also. Are their preferences over WAMP versus Grafana?

thanks for the knowledge;
Bob
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Thu May 11, 2017 3:41 pm

BobinTN wrote: My main issues I think is just conceptually understanding what technologys I need to move forward.

I think the UtilDev tools has some data graphing but may be just for the gem series. Could be wrong on that because I did not follow that path till the end.

I have been off the site for a number of days because I started down the btmon->InfluxdB -> Grafana track.

I have installed the mroch btmon path off of github. tested it.

I have installed InfluxDB and have been playing with it. Blowing my mind a little with the time series database and HTTP communications. Still playing with database loading syntax and concepts.

I have installed Grafana Web Server. It is quite deep also, understanding exactly how Metric Monitoring works (new to me also). Just today I have loaded in some of the ecm.db data that I have collected.

The WAMP sever stuff is new to me also. Are their preferences over WAMP versus Grafana?
I was playing around with the btmon stuff a bit myself also. Unless I'm missing an option, there seems to be a lot of data manipulation that has to be done to the inserted data to get meaningful data.

WAMP and Grafana aren't really too comparable. WAMP is a web server stack; whereas, Grafana is a set of tools for data.

I'm wondering if Grafana would work with the Standalone Dashboards database. I may play with that tomorrow.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
BobinTN

Post by BobinTN » Fri May 12, 2017 11:04 am

It turns out that btmon allows you to select from a number of output fields:

-db-Schema=SCHEMA options are counters, ecmread, ecmreadext

To see what they consist of you must look at the btmon.py.

The default is 'counters'. It looks like ecmreadext if what I want.

Bob
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Fri May 12, 2017 12:11 pm

BobinTN wrote:It turns out that btmon allows you to select from a number of output fields:

-db-Schema=SCHEMA options are counters, ecmread, ecmreadext

To see what they consist of you must look at the btmon.py.

The default is 'counters'. It looks like ecmreadext if what I want.

Bob
Looks like those options aren't supported by the GEM. Looked easy enough to add it though so I've put a version together with those.

Also, I've added schema switching to InfluxDB, it was set to only use Counters (unless I'm missing something).

Attached is btmon.py with modifications and an example .cfg
Attachments
btmon.zip
(39.68 KiB) Downloaded 407 times
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
BobinTN

Post by BobinTN » Fri May 12, 2017 2:28 pm

Thanks!

I will give it a try this evening.