trouble connecting with btmon.py

Post any 3rd party software here.
rapademic

trouble connecting with btmon.py

Post by rapademic » Tue May 27, 2014 3:35 pm

I was wondering if anyone can help me connect bymon.py to my GEM. I currently have my GEM configured to send its data to the Smart Energy Groups (SEG) web site. I would like to get the GEM to store the data on my own mysql database on a Windows 7 box that is on the same wireless network as the GEM. in fact, I can ping the GEM from my computer. As an intermediate step I am trying to get the GEM to print its information to my screen, using the following command in a cmd.exe window where I am in the directory containing btmon.py

btmon.py --ip --ip-host 192.186.5.101 --ip-mode client --device-type gem --print

My result is that btmon.py outputs some information showing the correct server host (192.169.5.101) and the server port of 5000, but then I get:
[Errno 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

I understand this is a python error and that it likely means btmon.py can send a socket request to the GEM but evidently the GEM is refusing the connection. Can anyone help me?

Oh yeah, I am using python 2.7, with Firmware 1.47 and 2.50 on the GEM.

Many thanks.
ben
Site Admin

Re: trouble connecting with btmon.py

Post by ben » Tue May 27, 2014 3:50 pm

rapademic wrote:I was wondering if anyone can help me connect bymon.py to my GEM. I currently have my GEM configured to send its data to the Smart Energy Groups (SEG) web site. I would like to get the GEM to store the data on my own mysql database on a Windows 7 box that is on the same wireless network as the GEM. in fact, I can ping the GEM from my computer. As an intermediate step I am trying to get the GEM to print its information to my screen, using the following command in a cmd.exe window where I am in the directory containing btmon.py

btmon.py --ip --ip-host 192.186.5.101 --ip-mode client --device-type gem --print

My result is that btmon.py outputs some information showing the correct server host (192.169.5.101) and the server port of 5000, but then I get:
[Errno 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

I understand this is a python error and that it likely means btmon.py can send a socket request to the GEM but evidently the GEM is refusing the connection. Can anyone help me?

Oh yeah, I am using python 2.7, with Firmware 1.47 and 2.50 on the GEM.

Many thanks.
Can you post your network configuration on the GEM itself?
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com